- The first topic discussed by the Council was ‘How to face climate change in the public space of Forest?’. After 3 sessions of deliberation and exchanges with experts, the council submitted its recommendations to the City Council of Forest in December 2021 and is now awaiting an official response within the next 6 months.
- The second topic, chosen by the participants, was safety of individuals and road safety in the municipality. The conclusions were presented at the end of March 2022.
- The third topic was cleanliness of streets and public spaces. The panel’s recommendations were submitted to the municipality in the second half of 2022.
- Coordinate the recruitment of the citizen panel.
- Design the citizen deliberations, through formats that are not commonly seen in such panels, including walkshops, Rêve Parties and other stimulating ideation techniques.
- Facilitate the deliberations.
- Produce reports of the proceedings in formats conducive to greater involvement beyond the panel.
- Design, build and manage the website informing of the Council’s proceedings: www.1190.co
- Advise the municipality of Forest on all tasks related to the success of the Citizen Council, including political and communications considerations.
“The members of Forest’s Citizen Council were able to create bonds of trust with their representative over the course of the project. By being available, responsive and reassuring, the Dreamocracy team was a partner of choice in the launch of this innovative project for our municipality and across the Brussels region.”
Alain Mugabo, Alderman for citizen participation, municipality of Forest, Brussels
Municipality of Forest / Vorst, one of Brussels’ largest and most dynamic municipalities.